Rocking with the Freshman

Every year Hutchison has a tradition where the seniors get a freshman, and they do a ton of fun things together. Best of all about this tradition is the day the freshman meet their senior for the first time. It all started this year for the senior class of 2023, they had found out about their freshman a couple of weeks before the freshman even found out about it. Senior Kate Wunderlich said that “I think keeping it from her was easy but when it came to her close friends in other grades I was more lenient to tell.” The seniors had it the hardest about keeping it. The freshman still were so intrigued to find out about their seniors, both ways were excited about the reveal. The freshman had to go on their retreat at horseshoe canyon ranch, and while they were at the ranch. The seniors were back at campus decorating their freshmans locker for the sneak peek of the costume they would wear to the reveal.The day the freshman got back from the retreat, everyone ran to see their decked-out lockers. As you can see the seniors had a lot of fun decorating the lockers. The freshman had a weekend night of sleep until it was the big day for them to meet their seniors on Monday. The day came for the freshman to finally meet their seniors.

All of them were told to show up at 8 o’clock that morning bright and early for them to meet them. They all walked in with their costumes most of them consisting of Cher and Dion from clueless all to matching toothbrushes. The freshman were waiting in the commons to run out and meet their seniors. The clock struck 8 and the freshman went running, and the seniors were walking down the elongated staircase while the “Year 3000” played by the Jonas Brothers. The freshman were so excited to meet their seniors, there were lots of hugs, and selfies happening at that moment. Instagram stories were blowing up with pictures of seniors with their freshman and freshman with their seniors. Freshman Lilly Hussey said, “ I was so excited to find out my senior and I’m so pumped to go to lunch with them.” The freshman will be going to lunch with their seniors while also making long-lasting bonds throughout the school year. All in all the tradition of freshman senior week is a great thing to start the school year. While it also builds bonds that should last for a lifetime.